I've been head over heels in love with coconuts way before they became a Instagram prop of choice!
As a kid my favourite chocolate treat was a Bounty Bar, and I would savour it bite by bite, first - slowly devouring the outer chocolate shell to reveal the sickly sweet chewy coco-nutty core. Now days I make my own version of the Bounty Bar using decadent and pure organic ingredients, no gmo, humectants, flavours or emulsifiers, just delicious nutritious yumminess.
You can check out my recipe in the video below. Please note, this is a VERY chatty video and it's quite a task to get through it, however I promise you the Bounty Bites are well worth every random off topic chat! ;)
If you would like to skip the video, you can dive straight in to the recipe below!
- Coconut filling
- 2 cups (200g) fine desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup (80ml) coconut paste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup (80ml) coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar (or honey or maple)
- Outer chocolate layer
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup organic maple syrup or honey (depending on how sweet or bitter you like your chocolate)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder